Basic Sea Survival
344 Aquidneck Ave.
Middletown, RI 02840
Confident Captain’s Basic Sea Survival training, previously referred to as Personal Survival Techniques, is a 12 hour course instructed in compliance with STCW ’10 Code. The course covers emergency situations, evacuation, survival craft and rescue boats, personal life-saving appliances, survival at sea, emergency radio equipment and helicopter assistance. The 12-hour course includes a module spent in a swimming pool performing life raft inflation and inversion and the simulation of other abandon ship procedures. Both the theory and practical course are followed by an exam.
In order to participate in the Basic Firefighting course the following criteria must be met:
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a firm understanding of the English language
- Be in reasonable physical health
- Be able to walk, crawl, and carry a 45-pound sack on your back
- Register for Course by choosing Dates below.
- You will receive details by email from your Instructor.
- Participate in the entire course.
- Receive Course Completion Certificate.
Get In Touch
344 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI 02840
9 AM to 5 PM