- 17 years of age
- 120 Days of Documented Sea Time
- 8-hour safe-boating course with RIDEM proctored exam
- 16-hour USCG Limited Master (Launchtender) approved course
- 8-hour USCG/STCW approved First-aid/CPR course
- FCC Marine Radiotelephone Operator’s exam and application
- License application and submission consultation
- 1 Drug Test at a facility of our choice
- 1 USCG Required Physical at a facility of our choice
- 1 TWIC card application fee
- 1 USCG licensing application evaluation and issuance fee
- Recruitment services with local yacht clubs, marinas, and services centers
Participants must attend all days:
- April 8
- April 14 – 15
- April 21 – 22
In order to properly document sea time, candidates must fill out the Small Vessel Sea Service form and transfer all of their sea time information to this document. Please note that one form should be used for each vessel and that the owner, operator, or master must sign off on the time for the form to be valid. If the candidate is the owner of the vessel, he or she may sign off on his or her own sea time.
A day is defined as eight hours of watchstanding or day work, not to include overtime. On commercial vessels where a twelve-hour workday is authorized and practiced, such as on a six-on, six-off watch schedule, each workday may be considered for one and one-half days of service credit. Required sea service is specified in months or years, which are then converted to days, i.e., one year means 360 days and one month is 30 days. Service other than on deck is given half credit (e.g., 1 day credit for every 2 days served) and an approved training program may substitute for all except 30 days of the service requirement. On vessels of less than 100 gross tons, a day is considered as eight hours unless the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection determines that the vessel’s operating schedule makes this criteria inappropriate, in no case will this period be less than four hours.
- Apply for the course in the application below.
- A phone interview may be required for acceptance in the program if the review committee has any questions.
- You will receive confirmation by email from your Instructor with further detail.
- Participate in the entire course.
- Take and pass your exams with us.
- Partake is Application Assistance Program with us.
- Attend the Recruitment Job Fair.
- Obtain certifications and employment if qualified.