Invest in the Best Safety Training Experience
The ocean is powerful and dangerous terrain. Your safety at work is never guaranteed, but your chances of getting home safe increase exponentially with the right training. Being well prepared for any situation can be the difference between a safe voyage or a deadly one. Our team of expert instructors will help you be well prepared and certified for any hazards that your career may present. Join us for a 5-day STCW Basic Safety Training course or the 3-day refresher and put the odds in your favor when it comes to onboard safety!
Tues – Sat :
344 Aquidneck Ave.
Middletown, RI 02840
Professional Safety Training for Commercial Vessel and Yacht Crews
Confident Captain’s 5-day STCW-10 course covers firefighting, personal survival and safety, social responsibility, and First Aid/CPR. This course is instructed in compliance with STCW-10 Code A; VI/1-2 and provides a variety of practical and theoretical lessons fundamental to onboard safety.
The STCW-10 course offers students a chance to practice safety skills in simulated environments, side by side with a team of accomplished instructors. This course bundle is followed by written exam(s), after the successful completion of which the participant will receive the following certifications:
- Basic Sea Survival Certificate (STCW-10)
- Fire Fighting Certificate (STCW-10)
- First Aid Certificate (STCW-10)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (STCW-10)
1.5-day Personal Survival course module
- The first half of the day will be spent in the classroom covering subjects such as emergency situations, evacuation, survival craft and rescue boats, personal life-saving appliances, survival at sea, emergency radio equipment and helicopter assistance
- The remainder of the module is spent in a swimming pool performing a life raft inflation and inversion and the simulation of other abandon ship procedures
- Both the theory and practice are followed by an exam
4-hours of Personal Safety & Social Responsibility
- This module includes training in compliance with STCW-10 Code A; VI/1-2 on the various types of shipboard emergencies, principles of survival at sea and increasing your chance of survival
2-day Fire Prevention module
- In compliance with STCW-10 Code A; VI/1-2, this part of the course covers shipboard fire fighting organization, the elements of fire and explosion, types of ignition, fire and smoke detection, breathing apparatus use and automatic alarm system familiarization
- CC/OP trainees will fight and extinguish actual fires using personal equipment, appliances methods, and various agents The module includes a seminar and practical instruction taught by licensed and certified fire fighting professionals.
- This section take 2 days to complete and is followed by a written exam
1-day First Aid and CPR course
- Approximately 7 hours of theory and practical covering basic First Aid and CPR in marine situations
- Through classroom lecture and use of an anatomical mannequin suitable for performing cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), the student will demonstrate:
- Basic life support (CPR) for an adult victim
- Initial treatment for severe bleeding
- Initial treatment for severe burns
- Basic patient transport
In order to participate in the STCW-10 course the following criteria must be met:
- 18 years of age or older
- Proficient in swimming
- Be in reasonable physical health
- Have a firm understanding of the English language
- Register for Course by choosing Dates below.
- You will receive details by email from your Instructor.
- Participate in the entire course.
- Receive Course Completion Certificate.
Get In Touch
344 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI 02840
9 AM to 5 PM