STCW - 10 Refresher
Refresh your STCW with the Best Safety Training Experience
The ocean is powerful and dangerous terrain. Your safety at work is never guaranteed, but your chances of getting home safe increase exponentially with the right training. Being well prepared for any situation can be the difference between a safe voyage or a deadly one. Our team of expert instructors will help you be well prepared and certified for any hazards that your career may present. Join us for a 5-day STCW Basic Safety Training course or the 3-day refresher and put the odds in your favor when it comes to onboard safety!
Thurs - Sat
344 Aquidneck Ave.
Middletown, RI 02840
Refresh Your Onboard Safety Knowledge
Confident Captain’s 3 day, 24-hour course is designed to refresh and provide revalidation training to seafarers in Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR), First Aid and CPR (EFA), Personal Survival Techniques (PST) and Basic Fire Fighting (BFF).
Satisfy STCW-10 Continued Competency Requirements
Through successful completion of Confident Captain's Basic Training Refresher, applicants will satisfy the continued competency requirements for STCW Basic Training in STCW, as amended 2010, Basic Training in Section A-VI/1, 46 CFR 11.302(e) and 46 CFR 12.602(e), AND, all of the tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines found in NVIC 08-14.
Important notice - STCW Policy Changes - Firefighting Turnout Gear
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our training programs and make your experience here better and as safe as possible. In that spirit, we have made some changes to the way we run our STCW courses.
We will no longer provide fire gear for STCW courses. We have allowed students to use our fire gear for many years. That gear is aging out. Additionally, thanks to COVID-19 we are not 100% sure of the health impacts of loaner gear without full decontamination between uses.
Though we have the capacity to clean gear, we do not have the capacity to ensure complete decontamination of it. With these thoughts in mind, we have decided to switch to the rental gear model for the utmost in safety and cleanliness. You will be responsible for renting your own gear. We will help facilitate the gear rental when you arrive on the first day of the course. The gear will be shipped to us for you to use before the firefighting program starts. You will be responsible for packaging it and shipping it back. We will help with that as well but the ultimate responsibility will be yours. You will need a credit card to rent the gear.
We made this decision for two reasons:
- First is safety. Rental gear is modern, regularly inspected, and repaired between each use. In short, your training experience will be safer with professional rented gear versus loaned gear.
- Second is cleanliness. Rental gear goes through a rigorous cleaning process between each use. The rental company has better cleaning processes than we can provide.
Rental gear is approximately $300.00 to rent. We have reduced the price of our course $150.00 to help cover this cost. In essence, we have split the cost of the rental gear with you. Thank you for your understanding.
In order to participate in the STCW-10 Refresher course the following criteria must be met:
- 18 years of age or older
- Proficient in swimming
- Have a firm understanding of the English language
- Be in reasonable physical health
- All candidates must have completed STCW-95 Basic Safety Training within the last 10 years. Otherwise, you must take STCW-10
- Applicants are not required to present completed Record of Assessment Sheets when applying for an STCW endorsement
- Register for Course by choosing Dates below.
- You will receive details by email from your Instructor.
- Participate in the entire course.
- Receive Course Completion Certificate.
Get In Touch
344 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI 02840
9 AM to 5 PM