Licensing Application Assistance
Take the Red Tape out of Applying for Your Captain’s License!
Earning your Captain’s license can be a ticket to adventure, profit, and fun. But at Confident Captain, we know the path to professional boating is paved with paperwork — lots of it. The US Coast Guard application process can be time consuming and tedious, but Confident Captain is here to help! We are excited to offer License Application Assistance, helping students who have enrolled in or completed one of our courses in the last year successfully apply for their license.
Struggling with the Application Process? We’ve Got You Covered
Completing your USCG packet is time-consuming and once submitted, can take months for approval. Even if one item is incorrect, the entire application has to be resubmitted, causing extra expenses and time that could mean the difference between starting the job of your dreams, or losing out to someone that already has their license. Leaving the complex, thorough, and often technical paperwork to us cuts down on your anxiety and greatly increases the likelihood that your USCG application will be accepted the first time.
How it Works
Confident Captain offers two tiers of application review/completion services for Confident Captain students:
Tier I: Full service ($450)
- The full service assistance plan includes two private one-on-one appointments with our License Administrator who will assist you in the completion and submission of your USCG application.
- During your first 45 minute to 1 hour meeting, we will review the entire packet and timeline, completing as much of the application as we can based on the information that you have readily available and assist you in making appointments and registering for any outstanding items.
- In addition, we will supply you with a packet of all the necessary forms and documents (i.e. drug test and physical forms, and sea logs) that you will need to complete prior to our second meeting. We will review each together, offering detailed guidelines to help you ensure that they are completed accurately.
- Once all of the paperwork that you were given at the first meeting is complete, call to set up your second appointment.
- During your second 30-45 minute meeting, you will review your completed packet with our License Administrator.
- For additional support, your application will also be reviewed by one of Confident Captain’s licensed captains. This second set of professional eyes is valuable to ensure that your packet is as complete and accurate as possible. After internal approval we will make a copy of the full application for you and one backup copy for us.
Options for delivering to the USCG:
- If you choose, you can deliver the packet in person to the USCG location in Boston, MA.
- To email the packet, you would do so from your personal computer. We can scan the documents in the appropriate format, which is critical, as most application packet files are larger than the USCG can accept which can lead to complications.
- You can FedEx or mail the application.
- Once your packet has been submitted, we will work with you to monitor the status.
Tier II: Review ($99)
Confident Captain’s experienced eyes will review your application:
- First, you complete your application in its entirety
- Email a PDF copy of your application top us and we will review it
- If we identify any red flags, we will discuss them with you and offer guidance on how you can correct them prior to you submitting them to the USCG
- Remember, our goal here at Confident Captain is to get you out on the water safely and legally, by assisting you in completing the federally-mandated requirements
Want to learn more about how these two services can help you? Reach out to Confident Captain today with any questions.
USCG Licensing Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get In Touch
344 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI 02840
9 AM to 5 PM