and In Person Exams
Confident Captain offers online courses so you can learn on your own time and a variety of exam locations when you are ready.
How online courses and in person exams work
- Register by choosing an online course below
- You can also choose to buy virtual tutoring hours or come back at any time to order more.
- You may register for your desired exam date and location at this point or come back later when you are ready.
- Alternatively, you may decide to wait until you have had a chance to finish the course. That choice is yours.
- Upon registering, within 24 hours you will receive course login information and details via email from your Captain Instructor.
- Participate in the entire course and if you need help, you can purchase tutoring hours then coordinate with your Captain Instructor.
- Sign up for an exam location and time and pass your exam with us.
- Receive your Course Completion Certificate.
- Fill out your USCG application using our student application guide.
- Send your application and certificate to the Coast Guard.
- Get your Captain’s License!
For Captains. By Captains
Included in Membership:
- Free Online Captain’s Courses
- Sea Time Tracker
- Job Board
- So much more!
Included in your Online Course
- Premier course access
- Support from our team of Newport based Confident Captain Instructors
- Email, phone and virtual office hours for help and support
- Course Completion Certificate
Which course is right for you?
If you want to charter your personal boat or do small charters that carry fewer than 6 passengers then the OUPV Six-pack license would be your course. However, if you want to run any other vessel, including vessels that are inspected by the US Coast Guard to carry more than six passengers, cargo, or engage in other commercial trade, you need a Master’s license.
Benefits of Online Courses
- Professional level training that fits your schedule
- Easy to use learning platform with actual instructors to assist you
- Organized and palatable, module by module instruction, for easy learning
- Robust resource library
Choose Your Online Captain’s Course
Already taken the course and ready to test with us? Need some Exam Prep? Choose the Extras You need take and sign up!
The US Coast Guard Master 100 Gross Tons License allows its holder to captain any vessel up to 100 tons, regardless of whether or not it is inspected.
The US Coast Guard OUPV (Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels) License allows boaters to operate an uninspected vessel of up to 100 Gross Tons.
This page is for purchasing the Sailing or Towing endorsements, Exams dates for online courses, and tutoring hours to supplement your Confident Captain Course.