Confident Captain offers online courses so you can learn on your own time.
How online courses work
- Book your course
- Order your course materials online via Amazon or local Marine retailer
- Start digging into the module by module instruction
- Sign up for virtual office hours or your own Personal Course Coach if needed
- Register for the exam date and location that works for you when you feel ready
- Take your exam!
Which course is right for you?
- If you want to charter your personal boat or do small charters that carry fewer than 6 passengers then the OUPV Six-pack license would be your course. However, if you want to run any other vessel, including vessels that are inspected by the US Coast Guard to carry more than six passengers, cargo, or engage in other commercial trade, you need a Master’s license.
Included in your Online Course
- Premier course access
- Support from our team of Newport based Confident Captain Instructors
- Email, phone and virtual office hours for help and support
- Course Completion Certificate
Benefits of Online Courses
- Professional level training that fits your schedule
- Easy to use learning platform with actual instructors to assist you
- Organized and palatable, module by module instruction, for easy learning
- Robust resource library
Online Captain's Courses
The US Coast Guard Master 100 Gross Tons License allows its holder to captain any vessel up to 100 tons, regardless of whether or not it is inspected.
If you are looking to get a Master 25/50 or 100 Ton Captain’s License Course on a flexible schedule with some classroom experience. The Confident Captain curriculum for this course includes 24 hours of online training and an in-house exam, in lieu of the US Coast Guard Exam. Start planning to earn your license today.
Get In Touch
344 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI 02840
9 AM to 5 PM
Captain's Weekly Dispatch
Sign up to receive all the latest information, courses and deals from Confident Captain.