US Coast Guard Approved
Become a Confident Captain!
Sign up today and take your career to the next level!
New: All Courses are only as a Self-Guided Online Course or as Virtual Classroom Hybrid Course. All exams are in person at our multiple East Coast locations.
Working on the water is hard. It's a lot harder if you don't have the proper training. Our Captain’s courses are designed by Captains for Captains. Whether you are sitting for your 6-Pack license to run fishing trips or your Master's license to run passenger's vessels, Confident Captain’s team of professionals can help you take your career to the next level. We offer no-fuss, well-organized and easy to understand training that lasts a lifetime!
How Does it Work?
- Register by choosing between the self-guided online course or a hybrid course with 20 hours of Zoom virtual classroom sessions.
- You may register for your desired exam date and location at this point. Alternatively, you may decide to wait until you have had a chance to finish the course. That choice is yours.
- Upon registering, within 24 hours you will receive course login information and details via email from your Captain Instructor.
- Participate in the entire course and if you need help, you can sign up for tutoring with your Captain Instructor.
- Take and pass your exam with us.
- Receive your Course Completion Certificate.
- Fill out your USCG application using our student application guide.
- Send your application and certificate to the Coast Guard.
- Get your Captain’s License!
Which Captain's license is right for me?
If you want to charter your personal boat or do small charters that carry fewer than 6 passengers then the OUPV Six-pack license would be your course. However, if you want to run any other vessel, including vessels that are inspected by the US Coast Guard to carry more than six passengers, cargo, or engage in other commercial trade, you need a Master’s license.
Your first Master’s license can be either 25, 50 or 100 gross tons. Our Master’s course is the same for each of these tonnages. The tonnage license that you receive from the USCG will depend on the size of the vessels that your sea-time has been served on. Visit this link for a more detailed description of which master’s license you qualify for.
Captain’s License Requirements
The US Coast Guard Master 100 Gross Tons License allows its holder to captain any vessel up to 100 tons, regardless of whether or not it is inspected.
Master 25/50/100 Ton Virtual Classroom Hybrid Course
If you are looking to get a Master 25/50 or 100 Ton Captain’s License Course on a flexible schedule with some virtual classroom experience. The Confident Captain curriculum for this course includes 24 hours of online training and an in-house exam, in lieu of the US Coast Guard Exam. Start planning to earn your license today.
Limited Master Launchtender
Register for The Limited Master Launch Tender course which covers boat handling, regulations, ropework, navigation rules, and more. This Confident Captain course was designed for those whose occupation includes operating a launch. Those enrolled must be 17 years of age and have 120 days of documented sea time.
Get In Touch
344 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI 02840
9 AM to 5 PM
Captain's Weekly Dispatch
Sign up to receive all the latest information, courses and deals from Confident Captain.