US Coast Guard Approved
Take your career to the next level.
We are proud to offer practical Captain’s courses through our national network of Pro Captains. Captain’s Courses are available IN PERSON or online with optional In Person Exam Prep Sessions.
Our Captain’s courses are designed by Captains for Captains. Whether you are studying for your 6-Pack license to run fishing trips, or your Master’s license to run passenger’s vessels, Confident Captain’s team of professionals can help you take your career to the next level. We offer no-fuss, well-organized and easy to understand training that lasts a lifetime!
Exam Prep Sessions
How Does it Work?
- Register by selecting the self-guided Online Course.
- Upon registering, you will receive course login directions and details via email.
- Order your course materials of Charts, Divider, Ruler, and Chapman’s (list emailed upon checkout)
- Participate in the entire course.
- Register for your USCG Exam with us and if you need more preparation, sign up for one of our Exam Preparation sessions.
- Take and pass your exam with us using our digital proctoring software on your own device.
- Receive your Course Completion Certificate.
- Fill out your USCG application using our student application guide.
- Send your application and certificate to the Coast Guard.
- Get your Captain’s License!
Which Captain’s license is right for me?
If you want to charter your personal boat or run small charters that carry no more than 6 passengers, then the OUPV (Six-pack) license is for you.
However, if you want to run any other vessel, including vessels inspected by the US Coast Guard to carry more than six passengers, cargo, or engage in other commercial trade, you need a Master’s license.
Your first Master’s license can be either 25, 50 or 100 gross tons. The course is the same for each of these tonnages. The USCG will determine which tonnage license to issue based on the size of the vessels you have served aboard.
Visit this link for a more detailed description of the master’s license for which you qualify.
Captain’s License Requirements
For US Captains
You are required to have at least 360 days on the water (90 days in the past three years) to be eligible for a US Coast Guard OUPV or Master 25/50/100GRT Captain’s License.
Sign up to receive all the latest information, courses and deals from Confident Captain.
Questions? Contact us for more information!
344 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI 02840